"Complications"



I was pretty proud of this song back in the 1970s. It was one of the more adult pieces I wrote during that time. But years later, I listened to it again and realized it was exactly the same chording as "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" by George Harrison.

Now, I never intentionally ripped him off, and there's no melody line so it isn't plagerism exactly, and I don't know if my subconscious was mimicing his song or creating a whole new one of my own. But, ol' George himself did the same thing with "Isn't it a Pity" on his "All Things Must Past" album, since it has the exact same chord progression as in the long fading chorus of "Hey Jude."

All in all, what the hell....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tannin Sensitivity (Sensitivity to Tannins)

The War Between Creativity and Structure