1971 - Bear Lake, Colorado

1971 - A craggy peak at Bear Lake Colorado.  Taken while my parents and I were on a cross-country road trip from California, visiting friends.

I was just staring to think about "arty" shots in those days, as I had already been making movies for six year when I got my first still camera, and was more "focused" on "trick" photography in moving pictures.

I think this is the first reflection shot I ever (intentionally) took.

What I liked most was the symmetry and the darker-than-life exposure.  To this day, I'm usually not satisfied with the exposure on automatic setting, even on my most sophisticated professional cameras.  I tend to shut down almost every shot between 1 and 1.5 "stops" before an image gets the richness and depth I'm looking for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tannin Sensitivity (Sensitivity to Tannins)

The War Between Creativity and Structure