"Memorial" (1971)

Continuing to go through my old photographs, organize them, and archive them.  Here's the current on worthy of sharing....



"Memorial" (1971)

At age 18 I was into "trick" photography and photo manipulation (old school - no computers). So, I took two slides, one of Arlington and the other of the Lincoln memorial. I sandwiched them together, using a paper hole-punch to create the circle that features Lincoln. It seemed to me that the combination of these two memorials, Lincoln, and the "little" people on the steps/grass made some kind of political statement, but I couldn't figure out what, exactly. Graphically, I like the way the pillars of the Lincoln memorial kind of line up with the sides of the head stones. Make of it what you will....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tannin Sensitivity (Sensitivity to Tannins)

The War Between Creativity and Structure