Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"Memorial" (1971)

Continuing to go through my old photographs, organize them, and archive them.  Here's the current on worthy of sharing....



"Memorial" (1971)

At age 18 I was into "trick" photography and photo manipulation (old school - no computers). So, I took two slides, one of Arlington and the other of the Lincoln memorial. I sandwiched them together, using a paper hole-punch to create the circle that features Lincoln. It seemed to me that the combination of these two memorials, Lincoln, and the "little" people on the steps/grass made some kind of political statement, but I couldn't figure out what, exactly. Graphically, I like the way the pillars of the Lincoln memorial kind of line up with the sides of the head stones. Make of it what you will....

No comments: