The Chameleon Who Refused to Change Color

Here's the inklings of an idea I'm working on for a children's' book:

"Adapt to environment!
Blend in, it's our way.
Beside, it's your nature,
your genes, DNA."

"But I don't like this color,"
Chameleon said,
"I just can't stand green,
I prefer to be red."

"But you'll stand out-
They'll see you!
You'll put us
at risk!"

"I don't want to fit in;
I want to stand out,
and let others know
just what I'm about."

That's the middle. I haven't got a beginning yet, but I did compose the ending, as follows:

It's a question that ought to be asked,
he supposed,
to open out minds,
before they get closed.

I'll probably never get around to finishing this one either, but what the heck - with a blog you can share the good little pieces of a work in progress without ever having to do the hard work of completing it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tannin Sensitivity (Sensitivity to Tannins)

The War Between Creativity and Structure